- Stimulate and drive the creation of at least half a square kilometre of new floodplain grassland for waders.
- Funding target (Environment Agency) for 2008-2011 is more than half a square kilometre of wetland schemes signed up into HLS/ equivalent over three years.
- Seek opportunities to encourage the public enjoyment of the site.
- Protect archaeological remains.
- Optimise connections to local businesses so that they may benefit through making the link between thriving wetlands - more visitors (holiday cottages, rare breed meat sales).