The Response for Nature: Northern Ireland report sets out some of the key actions that the Northern Irish Executive must take as building blocks of an effective plan for nature recovery in Northern Ireland.
The Response for Nature Northern Ireland report outlines some key actions:
- Set an inspiring vision
- Fully implement, defend and develop existing nature legislation
- Deliver a network of special places for nature
- Improve the management of the wider landscape to make room for people and nature
- Safeguard and restore species
- Improve health through the provision of natural green spaces
- Establish strong institutions for nature
- Improve children’s connection to nature
- Provide incentives that work for nature
- Support people working together for nature
How you can help
While this report is aimed mainly at political decision makers, everyone can help nature.
Here are some ways you can take action.
Many of the partner organisations have active campaigns to speak up for wildlife, and they need your help. Add your voice to the conversation.
- Get Involved - Campaigning
- Celebrate and protect the UK's Very Important trees
- Save nature on verges
Make your nature count
Many of the partner organisations are involved with monitoring wildlife. This is vital if we are to track the state of nature.
If you are not a supporter of any of the partnership organisations, why not join one today?
Most of the partner organisations need volunteers to assist their work. Roles vary from work you can do at home to practical work outdoors.