The Response for Nature: Wales report sets out some of the key actions that public sector bodies must take as building blocks of an effective plan for nature recovery in Wales.
The Response for Nature report Wales, outlines some key actions:
- Set an inspiring vision.
- Fully implement, defend and develop existing nature legislation.
- Deliver a network of special places for nature.
- Enable people to benefit from nature.
- Support outdoor learning to help children connect with nature.
- Lead by example.
- Breathe life into our wellbeing goals.
- Integrate nature recovery across the national policy framework.
- Use public funds proactively for nature.
- Invest in our natural resource knowledge and evidence base.
A short video intriducing the Response for Nature report launch in 2015.
How you can help
While this report is aimed mainly at political decision makers, everyone can help nature.
Here are some ways you can take action.
Many of the partner organisations have active campaigns to speak up for wildlife, and they need your help. Add your voice to the conversation.
- B-Lines for nature
- Celebrate and protect the UK's Very Important trees
- Get Involved - Campaigning
- Save nature on verges
Make your nature count
Many of the partner organisations are involved with monitoring wildlife. This is vital if we are to track the state of nature.
If you are not a supporter of any of the partnership organisations, why not join one today?
Most of the partner organisations need volunteers to assist their work. Roles vary from work you can do at home to practical work outdoors.