Summary accessibility statement
Before you visit
Please check ahead for suitability for your access needs.
How to get here
The nearest train stations are Gainsborough Lea Road and Gainsborough Central. A taxi from either station is then the best way to access the site.
Stagecoach bus service 97 stops at 'The Croft' in Beckingham, the closest stop to the reserve. Alight here and on foot, take the first right (Station Road). Follow Station Road to the Old Willow Works.
At the roundabout at the junction of the A631 and A620, take the Station Road exit, signposted Beckingham and Trent Wharfage. Then take the first major right-hand turn (also Station Road) which becomes Old Trent Road. Parking is available at the Old Willow Works on the left-hand side.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Blue Badge spaces at Old Willow Works (not RSPB-managed) directly across the road from reserve entrance.
- All firm, flat, bare ground.
- 0.75 mile (1 km) there and back, signposted trail.
- Uneven grass – no hard surfaces.
- Four information points with bench seating.
- Narrow kissing gate on entry and the trail crosses a narrow bridge with gates at either end.
A viewing platform with two steps and seating.
Registered assistance dogs only please.