Summary accessibility statement
Before you visit
Check accessibility for events and activities.
How to get here
The nearest station is Carlisle (13 miles; 21 km from reserve).
Bus no. 93 from Carlisle terminates at the eastern end of Campfield Marsh reserve at Bowness on Solway. Access to North Plain Farm and Bowness Common is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) west along the road by the saltmarsh.
The main entrance is at North Plain Farm 1.5 miles (2.4 km) west of Bowness on Solway on the unclassified coast road.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Entry over hard surface through double doors on slight slope.
- Level, limestone-flagged floor throughout.
- Blue Badge spaces at North Plain visitor centre
- Blue Badge spaces next to hide for visitors unable to travel the 800 m (0.5 mile) from main car park.
- A half-mile (800 m) flat surfaced track leads from the car park to the hide.
- A 1.5 mile (2.5 km) circular path continues through the farmland, past ponds, hedgerows and fields
- A 2.5 mile (4 km) loop goes over the wide open landscape of the peat bog on boardwalk.
One bench accessible on rolled stone surface with wheelchair bays.
- Registered Assistance Dogs welcome.
- Other dogs welcome at all times, but must remain on public rights of way and under close control.