Full facilities information
- Small visitor centre called the Solway Wetlands Centre.
- Open 10 am to 4 pm and is manned most weekends.
- 25 spaces
- 4 Blue Badge spaces
- Spaces at North Plain visitor centre and next to the hide.
- No height restrictions.
- No lighting.
- A single unisex ground level toilet room with hand washing and baby changing facilities
- A single ground level toilet room.
- Access via flat flagged floor in visitor centre, immediately adjacent to entrance.
- Toilet with rails and emergency alarm cord.
- There is no cafe on-site however there are self-service hot drinks available in the visitor centre.
- No shop facility on-site.
- Baby changing facilities are available on the main single ground level toilet room.
- Benches available across grass.
- One hide and several viewing screens on farmland provide spectacular views.
- Roadside lay-bys provide views over the Solway with high tide roosts attracting thousands of waders.
- A small information barn at Rogersceugh gives panoramic views.
- 3 trails available.
- Other trails lead up to Rogersceugh Farm and link with public footpaths in the area to make longer trails.
- An education room within the visitor centre is used by school groups and for events through the year.
- When not in use, there is open access to this room containing further information about the reserve.
- The Discovery Zone has a variety of natural play and self-led activities.