Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
The nearest train station is Shepreth, approximately 2 miles (3.5 km) away.
The nearest bus stop is Dunsbridge Turnpike (outside Country Homes & Gardens), 1 mile (1.5 km) from the reserve.
From the A10 (Cambridge to Royston) turn towards Fowlmere at the Fowlmere-Shepreth crossroads. After 1 mile (1.5 km), turn right by the cemetery. Follow road for 0.6 mile (1 km) and turn left into the reserve at the RSPB sign.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Reception area and toilets (on one level) 40 m from the car park.
- Volunteer staffing on most weekends.
- No stiles or steps on trail.
- Most paths are on boardwalks and hard surfaces, designed to be wheelchair accessible. Other surfaces are uneven and can be soft and muddy after rain
- Seats with backs and arms at regular intervals.
- Drewer Hide, 200 m from car park. Access on level, hard surfaces. Individual chairs. Door latch.
- Spring Hide, 500 m from car park. Access track less passable in wet conditions. Movable benches. Door latch.
- Reedbed Hide, 800 m from car park. Access via steep staircase (12 steps) with handrail. Fixed benches. No door.
- Brief opportunities for viewing wildlife on either side of the single-lane access track, but no parking.
- Registered assistance dogs on leads welcome at all times.
- Other dogs on leads only along private track along eastern reserve boundary.