Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
The nearest station is in Salisbury - from the bus station, take Wilts & Dorset 184 service to Sixpenny Handley (Roebuck Inn).
Catch the number 20 between Blandford Forum and Salisbury, the nearest stop is Roebuck Inn in Sixpenny Handley. It is a 1.5 mile walk from the bus stop. Walk south-east to Dean Lane and follow the road directions to the reserve.
From Sixpenny Handley, take the Bowerchalk road (Dean Lane). Keeping right proceed for approximately 1.5 miles and Garston Wood car park will be reached on the left-hand side of the road.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- The Northerly path passes through a deer fence with a 1m wide latched gate. South-westerly path passes through a narrow kissing gate.
- Paths of between 350m to 2 miles (2.5 km) circuit from car park.
- Surfaces vary from wide cut vehicle 'rides' to unsurfaced footpaths.
- The ground underfoot is natural and often soft.
There are a number of resting benches, without arms or backrests, positioned around the reserve.
- Registered assistance dogs and all other dogs welcome.
- Dogs must be kept under close control and are only allowed on public footpaths and bridleways.
- Please pick up after your dog and take it away with you.