Full facilities information
No visitor centre on-site.
- 4 spaces
- Spaces in unmarked bays at southern entrance (grid ref: HY395069).
- Further car parking is available at the side of the road at Waulkmill Bay.
- No height restrictions.
- No lighting.
- Nearest toilet facilities are at Waulkmill Bay, 1.5 miles (2km) to the west, and Scapa beach, 3 miles (5km) to the east.
- Nearest RADAR scheme accessible toilet facilities are at Waulkmill Bay, 1.5 miles (2km) to the west, and Scapa beach, 3 miles (5km) to the east.
- Open 24 hours.
Nearest refreshments, including hot food, in Kirkwall, 3 miles (5 km) away.
There is no shop facility on-site.
There is a picnic bench halfway around the trail but this is not wheelchair or pram accessible.
There is no hide on the reserve but a variety of birds can be seen from the car park and from the track leading from the car park into the reserve.
- 2 mile (3.2km) circular waymarked trail.
- Trails go to Scapa Flow and Waukmill Bay.