Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
Dumfries station is 30 miles (48 km) from the reserve.
Glenlochar, 4 miles (6 km) south of the reserve.
There is a car park on the minor road 3.5 miles (5.6 km) north from Glenlochar on the B795.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- On crushed stone aggregate.
- Small parking area close to Beeches hide for those with mobility difficulties.
- Can be rutted, not pushchair-friendly.
- Car park a fair distance from hides.
- Mixture of uneven surfaces including rolled stone, tarmac and grass.
- Some gradient.
- The nature trails are not suitable for wheelchairs. However, cars can be taken to Beeches (the first) hide, and the hide itself has been adapted for wheelchair users.
- Beeches hide has been adapted to accommodate wheelchair users.
- Goose viewing platform with information board.
- RSPB Scotland welcomes responsible access, in line with the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
- During the ground-nesting bird breeding season (1 April to 15 August) we would ask that you keep your dog close to you, preferably on a short lead and please clean up after your dog.