Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
The nearest station is Morfa Mawddach, 100 metres from the reserve entrance which is on the access road to the station.
The nearest stop is at Arthog (Glasfryn Terrace) on the Dolgellau to Twywn (28) route. The stop is 400 metres from the reserve entrance.
The reserve is adjacent to the Mawddach cycle trail and can be accessed from it 200 metres east of Morfa Mawddach station.
Take the A493 from Dolgellau to Fairbourne. Between the villages of Arthog and Friog take the turn for Morfa Mawddach train station. Parking is available at the station. The main reserve entrance is on the road 100 m before the car park.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Tarmac surface.
- At Morfa Mawddach station.
- Managed by Snowdonia National Park.
- Limited lighting.
- No height restrictions
- Rough Tarmac/compacted earth/compacted stone surface.
- One kissing gate (not managed by RSPB).
- From the car park follow the minor road back towards the main road.
- The reserve entrance is on the left.
- Information boards in large print.
- There are grazing ponies on site.
Dogs are allowed but must be kept under close control.