Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
Weymouth station is less than 400m away. Head south from the station and then west along King Street, cross at the junction, continuing west to the Swannery car park.
Any bus travelling to Weymouth will stop within half a mile of the reserve, either at the bus depot, or the Kings Statue stop on the sea front.
This reserve is on Route 26 of the National Cycle Network, it travels down the west side of the reserve.
RSPB Radipole Lake is located next to the Swannery car park (also known as the Beach car park on brown signs) in Weymouth. If using a satnav, the postcode for this is DT4 7TY. There are brown signs for RSPB Radipole Lake on the approach roads.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Open-plan layout, including cafe and accessible toilet.
- Level, tiled floor throughout with no steps.
- Good lighting.
- Information panels are in clear print.
- Staff available to assist.
- One blue badge space next to the visitor centre, the remainder are over 100m away.
- The car park surface is level tarmac with a drop kerb at the Discovery Centre entrance.
- A gentle paved ramp, no hand rail, leads to the Discovery Centre.
Accessible unisex toilet and baby changing facilities can be found in the Discovery Centre.
Other public toilets in the Swannery car park 120m from the Discovery Centre. A radar key can be borrowed from the Discovery Centre.
- Two signposted trails which are firm and generally flat, and surfaced with concrete or crushed stone with a wheelchair accessible gate to access main road.
- Off the main path is the Buddleia Trail, a circular trail that starts and ends on the main tail. Three benches.
- The path to the viewing screen at the north of the reserve is generally flat, and surfaced with crushed stone.
- The seasonal welly trail, open in the winter, is across a wet field, it is uneven under foot and can be flooded.
A new, raised platform with seating is accessed by a ramp.
- Dogs must be kept under close control.
- Please pick up after your dog, take waste away with you and dispose of it in any dog waste bin or litter bin in Weymouth.