Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
Follow signed Sustrans route (route 93) from Rathlin harbour, approximately four miles away.
Ferry from Ballycastle, Co Antrim. Private Minibus service and bicycle hire available on the island. Walking trail guide available.
Access to facilities
- West Light Seabird Centre main viewing platform accessed by 98 steps down the cliffside.
- Further 64 steps to bottom floor of lighthouse.
- Staff and volunteers available to assist with seabird viewing and lighthouse information.
- Four mile (6.4 km) way-marked trail to Roonivoolin. Allow 2-3 hours. Begins at harbour along road however final off-road section is rough, hilly and uneven.
- No off-road access for vehicles.
- No stiles, kissing gates or other width restrictions.
- No seating.
- The main viewing platform at the West Light Seabird Centre is accessed by 98 steps down the cliffside.
- The upper platform is wheelchair accessible, but the privately-operated buses to the West Light Seabird Centre are not.
- Visitors arriving by bus can bring dogs to the site but only registered guide dogs are allowed within the Visitor Centre.
- Other dogs must be tied up outside the Visitor Centre during your visit.
- Walkers with dogs should note that DAERA does not allow dogs onto Kebble Nature Reserve (you must pass through Kebble on your way to the West Light).