Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
The nearest station is Kings Lynn (approx 12 miles).
The nearest bus stop is 2 miles (3.2 km) away. There is a regular service from King's Lynn.
The reserve is clearly signposted down Beach Road from the A149 Snettisham and Dersingham bypass. Continue down Beach Road for about 1.5 miles (2.4 km), the car park is on your left.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Visitors with limited mobility may drive to within 100 m of first hide along a rough, gated track. Please contact the warden at least five working days before your visit to obtain an access permit.
- Car park surface loose gravel.
- Three signposted trails of different lengths and mixture of flat and undulating surfaces.
- Access path has 53 steps with handrails, width restrictions and uneven, compacted gravel and sand surface.
- Seating comprises of fixed and moveable benches in hides and along trails.
- Part of the Loop trail, from the special access parking area to the Shore hide is a cement concrete path adapted for wheelchair users and other visitors with access needs.
- Information boards in large print format accessible in the hides.
Shore hide and Rotary hide adapted for wheelchair users with large viewing flaps at variable heights.
Assistance Dogs and other well-behaved dogs on leads welcome at all times.