Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
Stanford-le-Hope is the nearest train station, 1.6 km (1 mile) from reserve. From the station, there are regular services from Southend Central and London Fenchurch Street. From the station exit, turn right onto London Road, continue along Church Hill and bear right down Wharf Road. Continue down this road, after passing underneath the railway bridge take the right-hand fork in the road. From the reserve entrance the information board is 200m into the reserve down the hedgerow-lined track. For more information about train times please visit the C2C website before you travel.
The nearest bus stop is on Corringham Road on the No. 100 Chelmsford to Lakeside bus route. Turn left on to Wharf Road then as above.
National Cycle Route 13 (under development).
From Southend or the M25, travel along the A13 and leave at the Stanford-le-Hope junction. Take the first exit from the A1014 to Southend Road, taking the fourth exit on the roundabout towards the town centre. Follow the one-way system from the second left onto the High Street. Follow the road along until you reach the junction with The Green, turn left and then before the road bends turn right. Follow Wharf Road and after the railway bridge take the right-hand turn. On-road parking is available at the end of Wharf Road, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 0EG.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Track down to information board is uneven and muddy in places.
- All trail paths hard topped. Most of the nature trail is relatively flat except for access to the sea wall viewing points.
- Paths at their narrowest point are 1.5m wide.
- Metal gate and squeeze gap with clear opening of 57cm (22 inches) at reserve entrance.
- An information board at reserve entrance and two information signs around the reserve.
- A couple of benches on sea wall and wooden viewing platform.
- Dogs are only allowed on public footpaths and bridleways, we ask that they are kept on a lead.
- There are no dog waste bins on site so please come prepared to take your dog's waste home with you.
- Registered assistance dogs welcome.