Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
Dingwall, 15 miles (25 km).
Jemimaville, approximately 0.6 mile (1 km) away. From Jemimaville, travel west along the B9163 for approx 0.6 mile (1 km).
The reserve is near Route 1 of the National Cycle Network.
Travelling north along the A9 from Inverness, turn right onto the B9169 signed to Culbokie. Continue for approximately 9.5 miles (15 km) then round a sharp left bend. Take the next left (B9163) to Cromarty. After approx 0.6 mile (1 km), park in the lay-by on your left.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
There are four car parks to access Udale Bay from:
- Main hide: Car parking (Highland Council layby) at the reserve hide. Space for four cars.
- Kirkmichael Viewing Screen: Car parking (RSPB) at the viewing screen. Space for four cars.
- Ivy Cottage: Highland Council car park, 0.5 mile east of Jemimaville. Space for four cars. Information board. No viewing facilities. Unsurfaced and sometimes has potholes or is flooded.
- Newhall Point: Highland Council car park. Picnic tables. Unsurfaced/surface is uneven.
- One hide, access by ramp, with low viewing slots and information boards.
- Viewing screen at Kirkmichael. 40 m grass path from car park to viewing screen.
- This nature reserve is important for wildlife. RSPB Scotland welcomes responsible access, in line with the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
- During the ground-nesting bird breeding season (1 April to 15 August) we would ask that you keep your dog close to you, preferably on a short lead and please clean up after your dog. We request that dogs are kept out of the hides.