Assemble an apple bird feeder
This core activity is easy to complete and is bound to make your bird-loving friends green with envy.
- Carefully remove the core from the apple, preferably by using a corer. You may wish to get an adult to help you with this.
- Push the sunflower seeds into the top half of the apple for the birds to eat.
- Make perches for your birds by pushing one stick into either side of the apple, near the bottom. Again, if this is too tricky, get an adult to help you. Take care when holding a stick too, particularly if other people are around!
- Tie the string around the last stick and thread it through the core of the apple.
- Once you have made your apple bird feeder, tie it onto the branch of a relatively sturdy tree in your garden or green space, and wait for the birds to descend!