Nature needs our help. We can't do it alone so we need to spread the word. Let's give nature a bigger team!
If you're reading this, then you know that nature needs our help.
We need your help to inspire others with how amazing nature is and help them understand what they can do and get them involved too. Get creative and spread the word!
You could put on a show, make a display, even get in the news! Why not make your friends and family 'I'm on nature's side' badges to wear? Or how about telling your classmates at 'show and tell', or using a school project to show your love of nature and why it needs help?
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
Did you know That the RSPB started with a group of passionate women, who came together to protest against using bird feathers on ladies' hats!
What you will need
- The determination and dedication to tell others what needs to be done to give nature a home
- Pen and paper or access to a computer, tablet or mobile phone
- Knowledge of what nature needs near you to feed, breed and thrive
- The ability to persuade others to join nature's team!
- First of all, decide who you want to inspire and how you might spread the word. Anything from a school display to starting a wildlife blog can help share the message.
- Think carefully about your message. It needs to be very simple and clear and it needs a 'call to action', which means a simple idea of what people can do - such as 'Feed the birds in your garden during the autumn and winter months'.
It's important that after getting them interested, they know what they can do.
- Go for it - and good luck!
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a photo or a piece of writing talking about your experience to help earn your award.
Completing the activity
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. Let us know how you’re inspiring your family and friends. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading a photo of you all together or write about how you’ve got them hooked on nature.