Try your hand at making your own mini world in a terrarium - we've got some great prizes up for grabs.
About the competition
Create your own little world based on your favourite environment. Whether it’s a wild meadow, a desert or a beach, fill up your terrarium, take a photo, and send it to us! But be careful not to disturb the wildlife and nature around you.
You could win:
- A View Master Virtual Reality headset bundle
- Three lucky runners-up will win an Illuminated Minibeast Centre (also available at rspbshop.co.uk).
How to enter
Email us a photo of your terrarium and tell us what inspired you to make it. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, age and address.
The closing date for WildWorld is 8 December 2017. We'll contact all the winners within 28 days of the competition closing date. Good luck!
Rules and Terms and Conditions
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (‘RSPB’) must receive entries by 8 December 2017.
- Applicants may enter the competition by emailing a photograph of their terrarium based on a habitat/environment and telling us what inspired them.
- Entries must be emailed to email@example.com
- Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
- This competition shall be open to applicants under 18. All applicants must get consent from their parents or legal guardians and they will be required to submit the entries on the applicant’s behalf and agree these Rules and the Terms and Conditions below before entering the competition.
- Parental consent must also be obtained from parents or legal guardians. Applicants’ parents/legal guardians warrant that such consent will be obtained prior to entering the competition.
- The RSPB accepts no responsibility for any technical failure, malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost, corrupted or not properly registered or recorded.
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- Only one entry is permitted per person.
- The judges shall assess the entries and one winner will be selected. The winner will be notified within 28 days of the competition closing date. Due to the anticipated volume of entries we regret that we will be unable to inform you if your entry is unsuccessful.
- The competition prize shall be a virtual reality headset from View Master and five runners-up will win an illuminated minibeast centre. The prizes will be delivered within 20 working days of the closing date. Please note the prize may be subject to further terms and conditions by the prize providers.
- There is no cash alternative to the competition prize.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- The winner shall be contacted and his or her name will be published by the RSPB on its competition webpage and in Wild Explorer and Wild Times.
- The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
- Any employee or anyone directly connected with the RSPB, including their immediate family members will be ineligible to enter.
- Any winner who has not responded to notification within 21 days will forfeit their prize; a replacement winner will be selected from the other applicants.
- If for any reason we cannot offer the prize stipulated, the RSPB will supply an alternative for the same value.
- The RSPB reserves the right to remove entries that they consider to be contrary to the spirit of the Terms and Conditions.
- Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entries. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below concerning your entries.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your entry to the RSPB, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry by submitting your entry.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image to be used and in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, express consent from their parents or legal guardians.
- All personal data provided will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Save as expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- The RSPB reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the RSPB competition webpage.
- By submitting any entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land.
- No wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
- This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.