Can you think of fun ways to raise money that will help us to save nature?
Every year supporters of all ages help us raise money to help give nature a home. Your fundraising is vital to help us create bigger, better, more joined-up spaces for nature so that we can live in world where wildlife thrives.
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
This activity supports the following subjects: Health and Wellbeing PSHE, Citizenship.
What do I need?
- It can help if you have a specific cause or project that you want to raise money for - so one thing you need is a cause.
- You could raise money to help nature in your school grounds by building a pond or buying nest boxes.
- Alternatively, you may want to raise money for a charity that helps to save nature.
- You will find some fundraising ideas here.
What do I do?
- We can supply you with lots of fundraising ideas and activities via our web site. Just download our fundraising guide
- Once you have planned your event or activity complete our fundraising registration form and return it to us please. We need to register your activity to make sure that what you are planning is safe, will be successful and does not conflict with our aims and objectives as an environmental charity. We will also use the information to identify any help or materials you may need. This paperwork is all on our website too - together with poster templates to promote your activity and sponsorship forms, should you need them. Find it here.
- When you have collected your donations you can send a cheque to our Community Fundraising Team at HQ. You may prefer to set up a donation page by visiting justgiving.com from which your donation will be transferred to our bank account. Any Gift Aid gets sorted out automatically.
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a photo to help earn your award.
Complete the activity
Once you have completed your Wild Challenge fundraising tasks and sent your donation to your local Community Fundraising Team or our HQ Community Fundraising team and we will send you a receipt and thank you.
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading an image of your receipt to record completion of this activity in your Wild Challenge journey
Get them thinking
Here are some prompts to help with learning:
- Think about why people give money to charities?
- Look at other examples of fundraising on TV, magazines and newspapers and elsewhere.