There are bound to be lots of animals using your school grounds - especially when they think there's no one around. Do you know what they are?
This activity is all about closely watching animals in the wild, to improve your identification skills.
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
What do I need?
- Binoculars are useful, but not essential
- Supporting resources to help identification.
What do I do?
- Find a quiet area to sit, try to make yourself as quiet and still as possible
- Keep your eyes and ears peeled for signs of animals
- Record what you see
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a photo, drawing, tally chart or graph to help earn your award.
Completing the activity
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading your photos or drawings of the species you saw or maybe a tally chart or graph showing the different species.