Now's your class' chance to use their best detecting skills!
Get outside and start searching for evidence of the wildlife that lives around us. Some of the more obvious things are spiderwebs, footprints, poo, etc.
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
What do I need?
- You might want equipment like a magnifying glass to help you see
- Paper or camera to record what you find
- You could use our Spot It sheet to help you identify tracks and sign.
- You could make an animal tracker to find out what’s been in your grounds whilst you were asleep.
What do I do?
- Find a suitable area you want to explore.
- Use all of your detecting skills to hunt for signs that wildlife has been there eg spiders webs, poo, footprints, bird feathers.
- Draw or photograph what you find.
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a photo, drawing, painting or a piece of writing talking about your experience to help earn your award.
Completing the activity
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading a photo, a drawing or some writing showing what you found.