- Applications must be from players aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the RSPB Weekly Lottery.
- Any person who has entered the RSPB Lottery who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes which might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- The RSPB reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the raffle. The RSPB decision on all matters affecting the draw is final and legally binding. No correspondence regarding the results of the draw will be entered into.
- The draw will take place every Friday except when a Friday falls on a Bank Holiday, then the draw will take place on the next working day.
- Winners will be notified by post within seven days and a list of winners will be published on our website the next working day after the draw.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per week. Players can take a maximum of five chances and payment must be received (and cleared) before entry to the weekly draw.
- The rollover jackpot runs between December and December for a maximum of 52 weeks. The rollover jackpot, if not won, will increase by £155 each week. If the rollover is won, the rollover value will revert to £155. If nobody wins the rollover prize before the first week of December each calendar year the prize fund will be £8,060. Our computer will then run the rollover draw until one lucky lottery player wins the rollover prize.
- The RSPB reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be transferred directly into the winners’ bank accounts within 14 days of the draw.
- The RSPB accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay due to post or for any interest for late items. The RSPB is not liable for any late bank payments.
- RSPB staff, trustees and their families are excluded from playing all RSPB raffles and lotteries. Volunteers may participate in raffles and lotteries unless they are involved in the administration of that raffle/lottery in which they must be excluded. This applies to the volunteers' immediate family. Woods Response Services employees are excluded from playing the RSPB Quarterly Raffle/RSPB Weekly Lottery.
- No detail in the application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted except for change of address.
- The Lottery is open to residents of England, Wales and Scotland. No entrants are allowed from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- This Lottery is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure found within RSPB Policy & Procedure. Complaints which cannot be resolved by the RSPB including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party - the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS).
RSPB Lotteries Policy and Procedure
This document contains the RSPB remote and non-remote gambling policies. These policies are a requirement for maintaining a Society Lottery Operating Licence from the Gambling Commission. PDF 117KbRSPB Lotteries Policy and Procedure