Summary accessibility statement
Before you visit
Check accessibility for events and activities.
How to get here
Brampton Junction on Carlisle to Newcastle line - around 2 miles (3.2 km) from reserve - follow directions for Hallbankgate as above.
Access to facilities
- Level throughout with no steps.
- Uneven slate flagstones surface.
- Movable chairs.
- Good lighting.
One toilet, 99 feet (33 metres) down slope from the Blue Badge car park.
- Uneven tracks and grassy paths through farmland with some muddy patches, some trails steep in places.
- Occasional obstacles and some seating.
- Some of the trails pass through land grazed by cattle.
A screen at the tarn is accessed over pasture which is level but soft in wet weather with no ramp and no steps.
Dogs are welcome but we would request that they are kept on a lead, as the reserve is a working farm.