Plan your visit
Reserve: Open daily, 10am-4pm
Visitor Centre and Welcome Point: Open daily, 10am-4pm.
Shop: Open daily, 10am-4pm
Café: Open daily for takeways only, 10am-4pm
Hides: All hides currently closed under Tier 3 restrictions. The Skytower is still open daily though, 10am-4pm.
Festive opening times
- Christmas Eve: Reserve, visitor centre, toilets, shop and café are closed.
- Christmas Day: Reserve, visitor centre, toilets, shop and café are closed.
- Boxing Day: Reserve, visitor centre, toilets, shop and café are closed.
- New Year’s Eve: Reserve, visitor centre, toilets, shop and café open 10am-4pm
- New Year’s Day: Reserve, visitor centre, toilets, shop and café open 10am-4pm
- Monday 4 January: Due to being open over New Year, the reserve, visitor centre, toilets, shop and café are closed.
- Tuesday 5 January: Due to being open over New Year, the reserve, visitor centre, shop and café are closed.
- All other days in the festive period are open our usual winter opening hours as above.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
Free entrance for first child
Free entrance for under 5s
- Free entrance for carers
- Other discounts
- Half price entry for non-members arriving by public transport or bicycle.
- Everyone can enter the cafe and visitor centre for free.
Visitor centre is closed
Car park is closed
Toilets are closed
Accessible toilets are closed
Baby changing is closed
Cafe is closed
Picnic area is closed
Binocular hire is closed
Guided walks is closed
Viewing points are closed
Nature trails is closed
Shop is closed
Educational facilities are closed
How to get here
Silverdale station is on the Manchester Airport/Preston to Barrow line and is only 250 metres from the reserve. Turn left out of the station entrance, then left again and then right.
National Cycle Route 6, Regional route 90 (Lancashire Cycleway).
Leighton Moss is near the village of Silverdale, just 3km (2 miles) from Carnforth and is signposted from the A6 north of M6 junction 35.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Information for dog owners
Please note: due to our current one-way system, dogs are only allowed on the Causeway. Thank you.
Group booking information
Please follow current Government guidance on group sizes when visiting the reserve.
Group bookings are usually welcome to visit us during normal opening hours. However, laws in England mean that the maximum group size able to visit our reserve together is currently 6, unless you are from the same household or bubble.
Schools booking information
Due to Covid-19 measures, we have temporarily paused our school visits until Spring 2021. For information on our exciting programme of curriculum-linked outdoor education sessions, visit our school trips information here.
Come along to our stunning reserve and bring your classroom learning to life with a selection of fascinating wildlife experiences. Our National Curriculum linked learning sessions are led by qualified, enthusiastic leaders and are designed to support a range of classroom topics to suit all abilities. The reserve has a variety of awe-inspiring habitats including woodland, reedbed, streams ponds as well as a large classroom (The Holt) and award-winning visitor facilities. For full details of our programmes and offer for schools, visit our school trip ideas page.
To book your visit or to find out more, contact email@example.com or call 01603 697 504.