Loch Garten Osprey Webcam Live
Welcome to our live webcam at the Abernethy Loch Garten Osprey Centre
What am I looking at?
Spring and Summer
See the world-famous osprey nest at the Loch Garten Osprey Centre. If the birds aren't on the nest, you may be able to see them on their favourite nearby perches!
Autumn and Winter
Come Autumn, the osprey have left on their winter migration, and our webcam trains it's lens on the reserve's feeder cam, and the red squirrels and birds that feed there.
Where is it?
RSPB Abernethy Forest nature reserve, near Aviemore in the Scottish Highlands.
- Our breeding ospreys have returned here from their wintering grounds (West Africa, southern Spain or Portugal) and are battling all that nature can throw at them to raise a family.
- The osprey nest site at Loch Garten has been in use since the late 1950s, when ospreys first returned to breed in Scotland after being persecuted to extinction in the UK in the earlier part of the 20th century.
- The nest site has been continually monitored and protected by volunteers throughout the osprey breeding season ever since 1958.
- Ospreys now breed across the UK and population estimates are at around 400 breeding pairs – a real conservation success story, which started here at Loch Garten.
- Ospreys are the only raptor which have a completely fish diet.
Let Nature Sing
Over half of UK wildlife is in decline and time’s running out to protect what’s left. Don't let nature's music stop - pre-order the Let Nature Sing single and help us get bird song into the charts.