Full facilities information
At weekends, in good weather, staff or volunteers may be on hand to help with information from a mobile display trailer in the car park.
- Open from dawn till dusk.
- 50 spaces
- 3 Blue Badge spaces
- The car park height barriers are generally left closed, restricting access for vehicles over 6'11" (2.1m) in height.
- No lighting.
- No formal drop-off point.
Indoor toilet at Middleton Hall Courtyard for Courtyard customers about 270 yards (250m) from reserve car park, open 10am - 5pm each day.
Nearest accessible toilet can be found in a separate Middleton Hall building, open 10am - 5pm each day.
Middleton Hall Courtyard includes a cafe serving hot and cold snacks and meals, open every day from 10am - 5pm.
There are a range of shops, open Wednesdays to Sundays, in the Courtyard between the Reserve and the Hall.
- Four picnic benches throughout the meadow, on rough, grassy, uneven surfaces.
- A picnic bench is located on the wetland trail and one on the meadow trail, both on rough, grassy, uneven surfaces.
- Visitors are welcome to consume their own food and drink here.
- Guided walks can be provided for groups - contact the reserve for details.
- Please be aware these must be booked in advance.
- There are four viewing screens around the wetland trails. Each has a variety of viewing slots and benches.
- If you find the Lookout locked use the code c5678z to open the outer door and then please secure it against the wall. Once you are in please keep the inner door closed. If you are the last one in the hide please do close all windows and doors when you leave.
Four signposted trails.
Near the car park the 'play meadow' includes a short trail with some opportunities for exploring, bug hunting*, pond dipping*, den building and having fun.
*charges apply for equipment.