Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
The nearest railway station is Pitsea, approximately 600m from Vange Marsh. For more information about train times please visit the C2C website before you travel.
The nearest bus stop is at Tesco supermarket in Pitsea less 10 mins walk from Vange Marsh. The No.5 bus running between Basildon and Pitsea stops here every 15-20 minutes.
Turn off the A13 at the Pitsea Junction and follow signs for Wat Tyler Country Park. Travel down Pitsea Hall Lane straight over the mini roundabout and then across the railway bridge. Park your car in the Pitsea railway station's Pay and Display car park just before the level crossing on the left.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Exit Pitsea railway station and walk straight down the entrance road with the car park on your left. Cross the road at the T junction, continuing straight ahead and take the public footpath. Follow the path to the left, cross the railway line and continue on the path to the right. You will reach a metal kissing gate at the entrance to Vange Marsh
Access to facilities
- All paths grass, with little change in gradient but uneven in some areas, and variable in width. Can become wet and muddy.
- Metal kissing gate with clear opening of 990 mm (39 inches) at reserve entrance.
- Path leading to the saline lagoon 350 m (1148 ft). 1 m (3 ft) at its narrowest point. Crosses 720 mm wide wooden bridge with handrail on one side.
- Public footpath 900 m. Runs length of reserve. Second exit with kissing gate to footpath 136 with clear opening of 1090 mm (43 inches).
- Permissive footpath running along reserve boundary 650 m. Can be combined with public footpath to make 1.5km (1 mile) circular route.
- Footpath along the sea wall on the south west of reserve 250 m (820 ft). Accessed by a two-step stile.
- An information board at site entrance. No further signposts.
- No seating other than raised grassy banks.
- Grass covered with a gradient of approximately 1:5.
- Viewing slots at 1.5 m (5 ft), 1.7 m (5 ft 5), and 1.8 m (5 ft 10).
- Registered assistance dogs welcome.
- Dogs are only allowed on public footpaths and bridleways.
- There are no dog waste bins on site so please come prepared to take your waste home with you.