Are you a budding Picasso? If you love nature and getting creative, then WildArt is the competition for you.
What to do
This year the RSPB are teaming up with The Cameron Bespolka Trust to bring you WildArt 2019. We’re looking for talented young artists to enter our exciting competition where your artwork could be displayed amongst the top wildlife artists in the UK.
It couldn’t be simpler to take part, just create a bright and beautiful picture of any wildlife you like (but not creatures in zoos or cages, or pets). You can be as imaginative as you like, but please try drawing wildlife you see in real life. Experiment with different materials – the eco friendlier the better!
Once your masterpiece is complete, write your name, age and address on the back. If you would like your picture returned, please send us the correct postage and packaging and write “please return” on the back. We can only send back pictures with the correct postage and packaging included.
Send your entry to:
WildArt, RSPB Wildlife Explorers, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2DL
It must reach us by Friday 16 August 2019.
Our WildArt competition is run jointly with the Cameron Bespolka Trust and the Society of Wildlife Artists. It is split into three age groups: under 8s, 8–12 years, 13 years and over.
The winner in each age group will receive an art gift voucher worth £100 and their picture will be displayed in a top wildlife art exhibition in London. The Society of Wildlife Artists Natural Eye exhibit runs from 24th October to 3rd November 2019.
Six runners-up will each win a £25 art voucher.
A special Richie Richardson award will also be given for the most accurately drawn animal. The winner of this award will receive a book voucher worth £100.
The winning and runner-up pictures will also be printed in Wild Times, Wild Explorer or Wingbeat magazine.
- We must receive entries for the competition by Friday 16 August 2019. All entries must have the correct postage and packaging if you want your entry to be returned.
- We aim to inform all winners within 21 days of the closing date.
- All entrants must be under 19 and should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar value. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The RSPB reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Society’s control.
WildArt Rules, Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to all UK residents aged under 19, except any employee of or person directly connected with the RSPB and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
- Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted by post to WildArt competition, RSPB Wildlife Explorers, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2DL. Please refer to the competition page for further details at rspb.org.uk/wildart.
- The RSPB must receive entries by 11:59pm on 16 August 2019. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
- The RSPB accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
- The judges shall assess the entries and one winner and two runners-up from each age category (under 8, 8-12 and 13-18) will be selected. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
- The three winners (one in each age category) shall receive £100 in art vouchers and the six runners-up (two in each age category) will receive £25 in art vouchers. The prizes will be sent to the winners and runners-up by post within 28 days of the winner responding to notification from the RSPB that they have won.
- The winners and runners-up will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner or runner-up does not respond to the RSPB within 21 days of being notified by the RSPB, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner or runner-up will be selected from the other applicants.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary.
- The winner's name will be published on the competition website and in Wild Times, Bird Life or Wingbeat, depending on age category.
- Please note hard copy entries cannot be returned unless a stamped addressed envelope is provided. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
- The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- The RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on rspb.org.uk/wildart.
- Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the 'RSPB') is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at the Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL