Are you a photographer in the making? How about trying to get that perfect shot of a butterfly fluttering by or red squirrel bouncing up a tree? The BWPA and RSPB Wildlife Explorer's teamed up again for WildPix2019, which has now closed.
What is WildPix?
WildPix is the young person’s category in the British Wildlife Photography Awards.
There are two age categories: under-12s and 12-18 years of age.
Winners will be invited to the British Wildlife Photography Awards (BWPA) award ceremony in London in November, and the winners will receive £300 for the under-12s and £500 for 12-18 years old. They will also be given the amazing opportunity to see their photographs published in the BWPA book, their pictures will be printed in Wild Times, Wild Explorer or Wingbeat, they will receive a certificate and be crowned “WildPix – Young British Wildlife Photographer”!
Once again we’re delighted to team up with the BWPA to present the Young People’s Award.
The winners will be announced later this year at the British Wildlife Photography Awards at the Mall Galleries in London.
To apply and to read the terms and conditions please go to The British Wildlife Photography Awards website.
- The photo must be taken by the person entering.
- We can only accept digital images.
- You can enter a maximum of four photos. Make sure the file size of each is at least 1Mb.
- Include your name, address and date of birth with each entry.
- Please check the British Wildlife Photography Awards website for the closing date.
- Keep it wild! Domestic animals (cats, dogs, farm animals and creatures in zoos) do not count as wildlife and are not allowed.
- The RSPB reserves the right to use any entry in non-commercial publications and exhibitions.