How many different habitats do you have in your school grounds? Which are best for wildlife.
This activity is about discovering how many habitats are in your school grounds. You could even do this activity as part of a visit to one of our reserves.
Find out more about on our school visits page.
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
What do I need?
- Pictures of the different types of habitat things may live in.
What do I do?
- Have a look at the type of habitats that animals like to live in
- Go into your school grounds and see how many of these you can find
- You may want to make a map of your school grounds showing where the different habitats are
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a photo to help earn your award.
Completing the activity
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading a photo of the children exploring the habitats, a photo of recording sheet and photo of mapped habitats.
If you have done this activity face to face with an RSPB staff member then you can submit a photograph or scanned image of the postcard you were given.