Bloomsbury Publishing Limited Competition Terms and Conditions
We have 1 set of RSPB ID Spotlight Charts courtesy of Bloomsbury Publishing Limited to give away.
For this competition we are asking entrants to follow both the RSPB and Bloomsbury Publishing through their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram platforms, and to tag someone you would love to go wildlife watching with using your ID charts. A winner will then be selected at random.
- This competition is open to all UK residents over 18, except any employee of or person directly connected with the RSPB and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
- The competition is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted by following both the RSPB and Bloomsbury Publishing on any one or all three of the following platforms. Bloomsbury Wildlife Twitter: @chiffchat, Bloomsbury Publishing Facebook: @Bloomsburypublishing, Bloomsbury Publishing Instagram: @bloomsburypublishing. RSPB Twitter:@Natures_Voice, RSPB Facebook:@RSPBLoveNature, RSPB Instagram:@rspb-love-nature between 7-10 August 2020.
- The RSPB must receive entries by midnight, 10 August 2020. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
- The RSPB accepts no responsibility for any technical failure, malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost, corrupted or not properly registered or recorded. No responsibility will be taken for damaged or lost entries.
- The winner will be chosen randomly via an online app.
- There will be 1 winner who will receive a set of the 8 RSPB ID Spotlight Charts courtesy of Bloomsbury Publishing Limited.
- The winner will be notified by Instagram, Twitter or Facebook direct message within 1 week of a decision being made. They will be provided with a generic email inbox address (Facebook) where they need to send their details. The 8 RSPB ID Spotlight Charts will be dispatched to the winner once we receive their information. If the winner does not provide this information within 7 days they will forfeit the prize and the RSPB will select another winner of their own choosing.
- The prize will be delivered within 28 days of the closing date of the competition.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is provided by Bloomsbury Publishing Limited, 50 Bedford Square, London, United Kingdom, WC1B 3DP or may be subject to further terms and conditions imposed by Bloomsbury Publishing Limited.
- Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
- Personal details will be deleted from our system 30 days after the prize has been issued to the winner.
- The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, and publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- The RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the RSPB competition website.
- Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Law. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the 'RSPB') is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at the Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL