Join our local groups
Our volunteer-led groups are the face and voice of the RSPB in your local community - groups of people working together to really make a difference for nature where it counts. You can be as involved as you like with your local group. Whether, you take part in the extensive events program which each group organises, or get more involved with the everyday running of the group.
50 years of Local groups
In 2019 our groups are celebrating 50 years since the very first group was formed.
Read the highlights from the last 50 years, see how our groups will be celebrating during 2019 and find out how you can get involved.
Something for everyone
You can be as involved as you like with your local group. Whether, you take part in the extensive events program which each group organises, or get more involved with the everyday running of the group.
Each group is different and carries out a variety of activities in their local communities, making a difference to conservation in the UK, including:
- Be inspired at an indoor meeting, with illustrated talks, lashings of tea and coffee and the company of like-minded people
- Attend local events and fundraisers
- Join with other RSPB members
- Help us with our campaigns
- Get fit and healthy doing practical conservation work both on and off reserves
- Learn impressive identification skills for birds and other wildlife
- Share you enthusiasm for nature
Find your local group
For young wildlife lovers!
For young people aged 8-12 we offer RSPB Wildlife Explorer Groups and for teenagers RSPB Phoenix Groups.
Like our local groups, they offer young people the opportunity to meet others who share their interest in birds and wildlife.
These groups are run by appropriately screened and vetted volunteers who are passionate about inspiring future generations to take an interest in the environment around them.