Plant a memorial tree
Remember a loved one by having a tree planted in Celebration Wood, within the beautiful Dove Stone nature reserve.
About Celebration Wood
Celebration Wood is breathtaking all year round and a peaceful place to visit and remember a loved one. Part of the Peak District National Park, the wood offers glorious views over the Dove Stone Valley. We will also plant wildflowers around your tree, creating a beautiful, living, lasting tribute. What better way to commemorate a loved one than by dedicating a corner of England's woodland to their memory?
It's a wonderful way to keep that memory alive within a stunning natural setting that, with time, will only get more beautiful.
How does it work?
- Choose the species you prefer from a selection of native trees. Each is about two metres high on planting, so you can visit from day one and return as it grows.
- Make a donation online or over the phone. We suggest £495* per tree. One of the team will contact you to talk about when you'd like the tree planted. You're welcome to come along and help or watch.
- If you wish, you may bury ashes underneath it.
- At the same time as planting the tree, we'll plant wildflowers under its boughs.
- You will be offered two handmade leaf-shaped ceramic markers inscribed with a short message of your choosing. One stays with the tree; the other is yours to keep.
- If you aren't able to make it to the planting of your tree, we can send you a photograph as well as your second marker and a packet of beautiful wildflower seeds.
* Your donation covers the cost of the RSPB purchasing and caring for the tree, creation and maintenance of Celebration Wood, plus support for the wider Dove Stone site and the RSPB's work.
Trees you can choose from
Dove Stone and Celebration Wood
At Dove Stone in the Peak District, we're working in partnership with United Utilities to restore a vast area of degraded bog for the benefit of wildlife, water and carbon stewardship. Our work is helping to prevent the loss of carbon into water and air, a major driver of climate change.
The new Celebration Wood, nestling in a valley next to the picturesque reservoir, is part of this rich landscape. Featuring a stunning mix of native trees, it will take your breath away.
Frequently asked questions
We've got some answers to the most frequently asked questions about Celebration Wood.
Do something wonderful
Remember a loved one and return to this spot in years to come to see the wood grow.