Curlew trial management project
We are testing management to help save the Eurasian curlew.
- To test whether a combination of predator control and habitat management can be delivered as a conservation tool to improve breeding success and breeding abundance of curlew.
- Spring-summer 2015: baseline data collected.
- Autumn-winter 2015-16: first round of habitat management completed.
- Winter 2015-16: first round of predator control started.
- Summer 2016: first round of monitoring post-management.
- Three more seasons of monitoring and three more seasons of management interventions are planned, taking the project up to March 2020.
- Ongoing analyses will help identify whether we are achieving our objectives.