Plan your visit
- Nature reserve: open at all times.
- Car park: open daily, 10am-4pm.
Festive opening times
- Christmas Eve: closed.
- Christmas Day: closed.
- Boxing Day: closed.
- New Year’s Eve: open, 10am-4pm
- New Year’s Day: open 10am-4pm
- All other days in the festive period are open our usual opening hours as above.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
- Car park cost
How to get here
The nearest stations are Higham (3 miles/5 km away), and Strood (5 miles/8 km away).
Bus 133 from Chatham, Rochester and Strood stops in Cliffe.
Follow directions for Cliffe village, take the second left after the round, stone 'Cliffe' village sign (into Rectory Road). Then turn right at the next T-junction and after 600 metres turn left into Salt Lane. Continue along Salt Lane until the road bends sharply to the right - the car park is situated on the left-hand side.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Instead of driving down the rough track onto the site you can park sensibly in the village close to St Helen's Church (behind the Six Bells) in Cliffe village, and walk down Pond Lane onto the reserve.
Contact Cliffe Pools
- RSPB Cliffe Pools, Salt Ln, Rochester ME3 7SX
- 01634 222480