Plan your visit
- February – October 9am - 5pm (car park shuts at 8pm).
- November - January 9am - 4pm (car park shuts at 4pm).
- Closed Christmas Day.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
- Free, but a charge for non-members of £4 per car.
- Car park cost
- Entry is free of charge to members all year.
- There is a charge for non-members of £4 per car.
- Parking is free for members and disabled badge holders, but for non-members only the first 30 minutes are free.
- Other discounts
- Joint entry for both Fairburn Ings and St Aidan’s is £5 per car for non-members.
How to get here
The closest train station is Castleford, 3 miles away.
Buses run - infrequently - to Fairburn and Ledston villages.
From the A1(M) leave at J42, take the A63 towards Leeds, follow signs for Fairburn on the A1246. From the M1 come off at J47. Take the A656 south towards Castleford, after 4 miles turn left onto Newton Lane, the visitor centre is 2 miles along the road on the right.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Schools booking information
With a range of habitats for your pupils to explore and plenty of activities for them to take part in, your class will have an enjoyable and memorable experience which brings them up close with our natural world. We've got a visitor centre with indoor space available for classes, a boardwalk, pond-dipping platforms and much more for you to explore!
To find out more, take a look at the list of the programmes and contact us to make a booking. Each programme is designed to last two hours. Sessions run from 10am - 12pm and 12.30 - 2.30pm. Two programmes can be combined to make a whole day visit. Find out more on our school trip pages.
What will the weather be like?
UK Nature Breaks
Why not stop over with UK Nature Breaks to make the most of your visit and what nature has to offer. 10% of every accommodation booking will be donated to the RSPB.