Full facilities information
- The visitor centre is open daily from 9.30am - 5pm.
- The centre will be closed 25 - 26 December, and 1 - 2 January.
- Live nest box camera (in season).
- 30 spaces
- 3 Blue Badge spaces
- Free car park at the reserve.
- Bicycle racks are situated close to the visitor centre entrance.
- No lighting.
- No formal drop-off point.
- No height restriction.
Toilets situated inside the visitor centre.
There is one accessible toilet, 10m from the visitor centre entrance.
- Though we don't have a cafe, we sell a range of locally-produced sandwiches and home-made cakes, and there is a seating area in our visitor centre. All our drinks and snacks are either Fairtrade or locally-sourced. We also sell a range of hot drinks, including bean-to-cup coffee, and a variety of sweet and savoury snacks.
- Lochwinnoch village has more food outlets.
- The shop stocks a range of binoculars and telescopes, books, bird food and gifts.
Baby changing facilities available in accessible toilet.
- Four tables situated outside the visitor centre.
- Visitors are welcome to consume their own food and drink here.
- From £3.
- Two hides and a photo hide, one screen and one viewing tower.
- Photo hide: There is a small charge for the photo hide of £3. Free for RSPB members.
- As well as the mentioned viewing facilities, there are also viewpoints at the end of each trail.
Small admission fee for nature trails:
- Adult - £3
- Concessions - £2
- Child - £1.50 child
- Family ticket (minimum three people) - one child free with at least one paying adult). Free for RSPB members.
There are three trails - the Dubbs Water Trail, the Aird Meadow Trail, and the Barr Loch Trail (a rough trail, about 400m).
- Natural play area.