Full facilities information
- The visitor centre is open daily from 10am - 5pm.
- Car park and trails open throughout.
- 30 spaces
- 3 Blue Badge spaces
- Free car park at the reserve.
- Bicycle racks are situated close to the visitor centre entrance.
- No lighting.
- No formal drop-off point.
- No height restriction.
Toilets situated inside the visitor centre.
There is one accessible toilet, 10m from the visitor centre entrance.
- All our drinks and snacks are either Fairtrade or locally-sourced. We also sell a range of hot drinks, including bean-to-cup coffee, and a variety of sweet and savoury snacks.
- Lochwinnoch village has more food outlets.
- Please check festive opening times.
- The shop stocks a range of binoculars and telescopes, books, bird food and gifts.
Baby changing facilities available in accessible toilet.
- Four tables situated outside the visitor centre.
- Visitors are welcome to consume their own food and drink here.
- From £3.
Masks must be worn (unless exempt) in hides, with 2m distancing required. Numbers inside the hides will therefore be restricted at any one time. Please follow the instructions on site and be considerate of other users.
- Two hides, one screen and one viewing tower.
- As well as the mentioned viewing facilities, there are also viewpoints at the end of each trail.
Small admission fee for nature trails:
- Adult - £3
- Concessions - £2
- Child - £1.50 child
- Family ticket (minimum three people) - one child free with at least one paying adult). Free for RSPB members.
There are three trails - the Dubbs Water Trail, the Aird Meadow Trail, and the Barr Loch Trail (a rough trail, about 400m).
- Natural play area.