Full facilities information
- Visitor centre is open daily from 9am - 5pm (closed Christmas Day). Christmas opening times are as follows:
Christmas Eve - 10am - 3pm
Christmas Day - Closed
Boxing Day - 10am - 4pm
New Years Eve - 10am - 4pm
New Years Day - 10am - 4pm
- Three mobility scooters and two wheelchairs available to hire out free of charge. Booking recommended - call 01633 636363 for details.
Car park open daily, 9am - 5pm.
- 130 spaces
- 10 Blue Badge spaces
- £3 parking fee / RSPB members free
- Drop-off at visitor centre arranged by telephone (01633 636363)
Unisex accessible toilet along with separate ladies and gents available on ground floor of Visitor Centre. Level, step-free access.
There are accessible toilets on-site.
- Hot food served until 3pm
- We serve our own exclusive delicious coffee, grown in a special forest-like habitat providing a safe haven for birds and other wildlife. It's Fairtrade, organic and certified bird-friendly by the Smithsonian Institute, so now you can help save nature simply by enjoying a great cup of coffee!
- We are proud to hold a Soil Association Gold Award and ensure an ethical procurement process.
- Highlights from the menu include a good selection of sandwiches and hot food, all freshly-made. We are known for our locally produced cakes, from Clam’s Cakes and Delicia Cakes & Teas, which include bara brith, and a varied range of sponge cakes. Our flapjacks, cookies and tray bakes are also produced locally by the ‘Flapjack Fairy.’ We also have traditional Welsh cakes and hot toasted teacakes.
- We sell steaming, tasty soups and a range of healthier option salads.
- Our own Welsh jams and chutneys are purchased where possible from local welsh suppliers and our milk, bacon sausage and eggs are also organic.
- Specials can include comforting Welsh rarebit and tuna melts.
- Children are welcome, there are highchairs for babies and toddlers. We provide children's half size sandwiches, sunshine beans on toast, a range of children drinks and kiddie-sized hot chocolate.
- Many of our products are suitable for vegans and vegetarians and we are always pleased to discuss allergen issues and dietary needs.
- Please visit the 'What's in my dish' website for the full menu and ingredients.
- The shop is located in the visitor centre.
- It stocks a wide range of binoculars and telescopes, bird food, bird feeders and gifts.
Baby-changing tables in accessible and ladies' toilets.
- Multiple picnic tables.
- The café can provide take-away drinks and snacks on request.
£3 or £5 for the day.
- Natural viewing opportunities throughout the reserve.
- Viewing screens located at various points of interest.
Four main trails.
Two classrooms available as one room if required.