Plan your visit
- Nature reserve: open daily, at all times.
- Discovery Centre: open Fridays and Saturdays only, 10am-4pm.
- Refreshments: available Friday and Saturday, 10am-4pm. Eat-in or take away.
- Toilets: available when Discovery Centre is open.
Festive opening times
- 10 December: nature reserve open dawn-dusk, Discovery Centre closed.
- Christmas Eve: nature reserve open dawn-dusk, Discovery Centre closed.
- Christmas Day: nature reserve open dawn-dusk, Discovery Centre closed.
- Boxing Day: nature reserve open dawn-dusk, Discovery Centre closed.
- New Year’s Eve: nature reserve open dawn-dusk, Discovery Centre closed.
- New Year’s Day: nature reserve open dawn-dusk, Discovery Centre closed.
- All other days in the festive period are open our usual opening hours as above.
- Free entrance to RSPB members
- Free, but donations are very welcome.
- Free, but donations are very welcome.
- Car park cost
There is no RSPB car park here. We're right next to Swannery car park which is run by Dorset Council and is pay and display. Please see their website for details.
Binocular hire is closed
How to get here
Weymouth station is less than 400m away. Head south from the station and then west along King Street, cross at the junction, continuing west to the Swannery car park.
Any bus travelling to Weymouth will stop within half a mile of the reserve, either at the bus depot, or the Kings Statue stop on the sea front.
This reserve is on Route 26 of the National Cycle Network, it travels down the west side of the reserve.
RSPB Radipole Lake is located next to the Swannery car park (also known as the Beach car park on brown signs) in Weymouth. If using a satnav, the postcode for this is DT4 7TY. There are brown signs for RSPB Radipole Lake on the approach roads.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Information for dog owners
Dogs are welcome on the designated dog friendly trails on the nature reserve. Please keep to the designated routes only.
Please keep your dog on a short lead at all times due to the sensitive wildlife, habitats and livestock here.
The special surroundings at Radipole Lake are wonderful havens for rare wildlife so we’ve created designated dog-friendly routes for you and your pooch to enjoy.
Even if dogs are very well behaved, wildlife and livestock can easily become startled by a loose dog they perceive as a predator. Disturbing wildlife does more than simply causing it to move away; it uses up their energy, decreasing their chance of survival regardless of season. Thank you for protecting the special wildlife here by keeping your dog on a lead.
- Dog water bowls are available at the Discovery Centre, when open.
- Sorry, dogs aren’t permitted in the Discovery Centre, other than assistance dogs.
- There are no dog waste bins on the nature reserve, we ask that you please take dog waste home with you to dispose of.
- Dogs die in hot cars, please do not leave your dog in the car when visiting us.
- If you require an ‘off-lead’ walk please see Dorset Council’s dog walking areas. The nearest areas to Radipole Lake are Pavilion Beach and Preston Beach in the designated areas.
Group booking information
Bringing a flock? We welcome group bookings.
Please notify us of your visit in advance so we can ensure that your needs are attended to.
If you are a nature tour leader, we would love to work with you to make the most of your trip for your guests.
There is no official coach parking in the car park at Radipole Lake, but there is room for coaches to drop off and pick up visitors near the Discovery Centre.
The refreshment offer is limited at the centre so please include food orders in your enquiry.
For all group visits, please contact us at email@example.com so we can arrange your visit to your specific requirements.
Save nature with a staycation in the UK
Saving the nature that you love for future generations to enjoy. Make the most of your visit by staying in one of thousands of handpicked cottages across the UK. Simply book your stay here to support our partnership. Throughout 2021 holidaycottages.co.uk are supporting our conservation work – saving species and restoring habitats right across the UK at a time when the future of our planet has never been more important and protecting nature for future generations.