Full facilities information
Saltholme’s Visitor Centre is the first point of call for most visitors to our reserve. With it’s main entrance and welcome area on the ground floor, it has step free, level access throughout on tiled flooring. Access out of the building and on to the reserve is made via powered doors as is the return to the building.
- 150 spaces
- 6 Blue Badge spaces
We have a large car park, including wheelchair-friendly parking and plenty of coach parking.
Toilets can be found on the ground floor of the visitor centre.
An accessible unisex toilet can be found on the ground floor of the visitor centre.
- Highlights from the menu include, full English breakfast, with locally bought sausage, breakfast buns baked in local bakery, homemade soup and a roll, freshly homemade fruit scone, freshly ground, barista made, bird friendly coffee and tempting indulgent cakes.
- Children welcome, our children’s lunchboxes are very popular and you can order child-sized portions of our ‘specials’. In school holidays and weekends we do children’s specials.
- Our daily specials offer local and regional dishes and we always use fair trade or local products wherever possible.We sell vegetarian, wheat free and gluten free food, organic where possible. Vegan food is available on request.
- We serve our own exclusive coffee that is grown, imported and roasted by the RSPB. It’s fair-trade, organic and certified bird friendly by the Smithsonian Institute, so now you can help save nature simply by enjoying a great cup of coffee.
- For more information about our menu please visit 'What's in my dish'.
On the ground floor the shop is accessed directly from the main entrance of the centre. The shop stocks a range of binoculars and telescopes, books, bird food, bird feeders, nestboxes, outdoor clothing and gifts.
Baby changing facilities can be found on the ground floor of the visitor centre.
- Nine picnic tables.
- Visitors are welcome to consume their own food and drink here.