Design an RSPB T-Shirt
We’ve partnered with eco-brand Rapanui’s ethical factory Teemill to bring you clothing you can wear with pride. Enter our competition and you could see your design made and sold on our shop!
What to do
What would you put on your favourite T-shirt? Would it be a picture of an amazing UK species, your favourite wild place or a cool nature pattern?
We want you to design our next RSPB ethical kids T-shirt. Our T-shirts are made from organic cotton using renewable energy, and shipped plastic-free.
Learn more and get inspiration at rspbteemillstore.com
How to enter
Draw the picture you would like to see on your T-shirt on a piece of paper.
Ask an adult to scan or photograph it and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading ‘RSPB T-shirt competition 2021’.
The winning design will get made into a real T-shirt and sold on our shop, with each sale helping towards the vital protection of wildlife and habitats in the UK. How cool is that?
We’ll also send you your winning T-shirt and a nature goody bag.
Closing date 10 September 2021
- We must receive entries for the competition by Friday 10th September 2021.
- Please don’t post your artwork to us, we’re only accepting email entries and we’ll be unable to return any artwork sent in by post.
- When taking a photo of your artwork to send to us, please make sure you use natural lighting. Dark or unnatural light can result in distorted image colour/ appearance.
- We aim to inform all winners within 21 days of the closing date.
- All entrants must be under 19 and should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering. There is only one winner/ winning T-shirt design on offer in this competition. Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar value. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The RSPB reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Society’s control.
Design an RSPB T-shirt Rules, Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to all UK residents aged under 19, except any employee of or person directly connected with the RSPB and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
2. Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
3. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. The RSPB must receive entries by 11:59pm on Friday 10 September 2021. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
5. The RSPB accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
6. The judges shall assess the entries and one winner will be selected. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
7. The winner shall receive their winning T-shirt in the post, along with some additional RSPB prizes. The prizes will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of the winner responding to notification from the RSPB that they have won.
8. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made and must provide a postal and/or email address to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond to the RSPB within 21 days of being notified by the RSPB, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the other applicants. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary. The winner's name name and artwork may be published on the competition website and in Wild Times, Wild Explorer or Wingbeat. The winning T-shirt may also feature on various RSPB online platforms too.
The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
2. Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
4. By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
5. By submitting an entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
6. The RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
7. Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
8. You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
9. The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published.
Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph/ video in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, video/ voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the 'RSPB') is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at the Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL
About our T-shirts
“We've partnered with eco-brand Rapanui's ethical factory Teemill to create a range of inspiring ethical t-shirts, jumpers and tote bags to highlight our campaigns to save nature.
We exist to help our birds, wildlife and natural places survive and thrive. But there is a real danger that our countryside could fall silent. Please speak up for nature by wearing our message.”