Take a look at what's around you, now look again, really closely.
This activity is about looking closely at and examining objects in the natural world, identifying and naming parts.
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
What do I need?
- A natural item, such as a feather, a flower, a leaf, a minibeast
- Magnifying glass or bug pot
- An identification sheet, to help you to identify different parts of your item
- You might want to make a pooter or a bug pot if you are looking at mini-beasts find instructions
What do I do?
- Choose a natural item, such as a feather, a flower a leaf or a minibeast.
- Look at it and examine it closely.
- Draw a detailed picture of what you can see and label it.
- If you’ve chosen a flower, you might want to dissect it to see what’s inside.
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a copy of your diagram or a photo to help earn your award.
Completing the activity
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading a copy of your labelled diagram or maybe a photo taken through a magnifying glass