An opportunity to use all of your senses.
It’s about being in the natural environment sensing and identifying the sights, smells and sounds of the natural world.
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
What do I need?
- Pens, paper, camera or sound recording equipment to record your time outside
- You might want a map of the outdoor area you’re in to mark on where you saw or heard things
What do I do?
- Find a suitable area outside, you could do this on a walk or simply sat or lying down outside
- Use your senses to look, listen and smell what’s around you.
- You may want to look at the shapes of clouds, match the colours of the natural word to colour pallets, make a smelly cocktail or just sit with your eyes closed and take in the sounds around you.
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a photo, sound recording, drawing, painting or a piece of writing talking about your experience to help earn your award.
Completing the activity
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading any photographs or drawings of things that you saw. You could send in writing about what you did or maybe send us some recordings of things you heard.