My current work consists of the use of spatial data especially satellite images. This includes monitoring land cover change in sites (protected areas and Important Bird Areas), and species ranges (IUCN Red Listing).
I also work on developing scenarios of land use, land cover, habitat change and the impact on biodiversity. I am involved in the promotion of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote sensing in conservation.
My previous work was on upland and moorland birds, reed bunting evolutionary ecology and conservation on the Seychelles and Mauritius.
- 2015 to present: Council, British Ornithologists' Union
- 2014 to present: Associate Editor, Remote Sensing for Conservation and Ecology
- 2010-2014: British Ornithologists' Union Meetings Committee
- 2010 to present: Associate Editor, Bird Conservation International
Partners and Collaboration
- Dr Paul Donald, BirdLife International
- Dr Stu Butchart, BirdLife International
- Dr Gregoire Dubois, EC-JRC
- Dr Allison Leidner, NASA