Skye crofting and corncrake partnership
The partnership is a collaboration between the RSPB, the Scottish Agricultural College and the Scottish Crofting Federation.
- Provide a strategic, well-targeted approach to the delivery of RP funds for corncrake on Skye.
- Collaborate on the production of land management plans for RP applications to deliver high-quality habitat.
- 10 March 2009: Establishment of Partnership.
- 1 July 2009: Launch of partnership to government bodies and crofting/farming organisations.
- July 2009 to present: Collaboration on ongoing programme of RP applications for corncrake on Skye.
- Early 2012: 32 RP plans submitted by the initiative.
That process includes:
- Selecting target sites
- Carrying out habitat surveys and site assessments
- Preparing full management plans for crofts and farms.