The UK Overseas Territories - The UK's hidden natural treasures
The UK has responsibility for 14 Overseas Territories which are astoundingly rich in biodiversity. However, this wildlife is under severe threat.
- Help determine whether the high-level environmental ambitions of Overseas Territory and UK Governments are being met, and how.
- Identify whether shared solutions exist for the remaining gaps and therefore where resources and support should be strategically focussed.
- This will map out gains achieved in Overseas Territories' environmental governance between 2012 and 2015, as well as continuing gaps.
- A practical review of governmental frameworks in place for biosecurity safeguards to prevent unwanted invasions of alien species in vulnerable Caribbean Territories.
- A report on the environmental sustainability of fisheries in the South Atlantic Territories, a region of outstanding marine biodiversity.
- A vision for how measures to adapt to climate change can safeguard the most valuable sites for nature in the Caribbean, one of the areas in the world most vulnerable to climate change.
- Demonstration of a positive vision for how small island States, such as the Overseas Territories, can finance innovative mechanism to help finance their environmental work.
- Anguilla National Trust
- Anguilla Department of Environment
- Ascension Island Government
- Bermuda Audubon Society
- Chagos Conservation Trust
- BVI National Parks Trust
- Cayman Islands Department of Environment
- Cayman Islands National Trust
- Falklands Conservation
- Gibraltar Ornithological and Natural History Society
- Montserrat National Trust
- St Helena National Trust
- Tristan Island Agriculture and Natural Resources Department
- Turks and Caicos National Trust
PDF, 792kbAscension Fisheries Detailed Report 2017
PDF, 1.49mbTristain da Cunha Fisheries Detailed Report 2017
PDF, 3.5 mbFalkland Islands Fisheries Detailed Report 2017
PDF, 3.1mbSGSSI Fisheries Detailed Report 2017
PDF, 692kbSt Helena Detailed Report 2017