Full facilities information
- The welcome hut is open from 9am - 4.30pm, open 7 days a week.
- Closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- 8.30am – 10pm between 1st April and 31st October.
- 8.30am – 6pm between 1st November and 31st March.
- 61 spaces
- 5 Blue Badge spaces
- There is no overnight parking permitted
- 2 disabled spaces in main car park.
- 3 disabled spaces at shop and cafe. (for customers using the shop and cafe, please park in the main car park when visiting the reserve)
- We also have a 4 space car park further into the reserve, reserved for those with access needs; permit available from the Visitor Hut in main car park.
- No height restrictions.
- We have 2 standard unisex toilets at the shop and cafe, as well as 2 accessible toilets with baby change facilities.
- Unisex accessible toilets situated in the shop and cafe.
9.30am - 4.30pm
Gluten free options
Children's menu available
- Delicious breakfast menu served from 9.30am.
- Lunch is served between 11.30am - 3pm.
- Hot and cold drinks and a range of cakes served all day.
- We serve vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and organic food.
- Highlights from our menu include freshly-made soup served daily, good quality sausage and bacon baps served till 3pm, and check out the daily specials for some seasonal treats.
- Children are welcome, highchairs are available and we serve delicious children's meals. Baby-changing facilities are available and our wildlife garden is a great place for kids to let off steam, too.
- We use local ingredients, Dorset scones are freshly made every day in our kitchen.
- For more information about our menu and ingredients please visit the 'What's in my dish' website.
- The shop is open from 9.30am - 5pm, open 7 days a week, and close on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- The shop stocks a range of bird food, bird care, books and gifts.
- You'll find a great range of binoculars and telescopes ready for you to try, with a team of experts on hand to help. They'll make sure you get the kit that's right for you and your needs - whether you're just starting out watching wildlife or if you're interested in upgrading your kit. Alongside our own great value RSPB range, we also stock the major manufacturers - you'll be spoilt for choice.
- Baby changing facilities in unisex toilets in the shop and cafe.
- Multiple picnic benches.
- Visitors are welcome to consume their own food and drink in picnic areas. Please note that the indoor and outdoor cafe seating is specifically for visitors who have purchased food and drink from the cafe.
- Binocular Hire - Fancy trying a pair of our binoculars out on the reserve? Pick up a pair of Puffin 8x32 or Avocet 8x42 binoculars for a small charge of £3 and £5 respectively, just pop into the welcome hut and choose a pair.
- Seven signposted trails of different lengths and abilities.
- A Tramper off road mobility scooter is available to hire.