Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
The nearest station is Greenfield. Walk through the village on the main road (A669), then follow brown signs for Dove Stone.
From Manchester direction: Drive up the A635 towards Holmfirth, follow the brown signs for Dove Stone - the main carpark is a little way up the hill on the right, Binn Green further up the hill on the right.
From Holmfirth direction: Follow the A635 towards Greenfield, Binn Green carpark will be on the left (follow brown signs) and the main car park on the left towards the bottom of the hill (but there is no left turn into carpark, it is necessary to go down to the mini roundabout and come back up the hill).
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- Main visitor trail part tarmac, part gravel surfaced 2.5 mile (4 km) circular route around Dove Stone Reservoir. Fairly level but steep in two places. Radar keys are required to access stock gates. Starts about 50m from the Blue Badge bays in main car park
- Wooden benches (most with backs and some with arms) at fairly regular intervals along path
- 1.5 mile (2 km) trail around adjacent Yeoman Hey Reservoir. Rough, undulating grassy track and can be muddy
- Part Tarmac/part gravel steep track up to Chew Reservoir, 1.5 miles (2.5 km)
- Access to reservoirs and woodland trails from RSPB car park down a 1.5 mile (2.5 km) steep woodland track with steps and narrow stone stile
- Several informal woodland trails as well as large areas of open access countryside.
Viewpoint at Binn Green car park up short, wide, surfaced track.
Two wheelchair accessible picnic tables.
Registered assistance dogs and other dogs (on leads from March to July) welcome.
Additional accessibility information
There are future plans to improve the gravel surfaces around the site to make them easier for wheelchair access.