Summary accessibility statement
How to get here
Thurso is the nearest station. Follow the A836 west to Dunnet, where you turn left on to the B855 for Brough. After two miles you'll reach Dunnet Head.
Dunnet Corner, on Rapsons route 80.
From the A836, take the B855 north to Brough for two miles (3 km) until you reach Dunnet Head.
Sat nav POI file: If you have a satellite navigation system that can accept POI files, please see our POI page for a download link and instructions.
Access to facilities
- The path is an all-abilities access path with a firm surface to the cliff-top viewpoint.
- The summit viewpoint is now improved, having a gravelled surface, without steps.
- The summit viewpoint has a gravelled surface, no steps.
- This nature reserve is important for wildlife. RSPB Scotland welcomes responsible access, in line with the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
- During the ground-nesting bird breeding season (1 April to 15 August) we would ask that you keep your dog close to you, preferably on a short lead and please clean up after your dog.